Friday, December 12, 2008

DUBAI MALL

I took my first look at the new Dubai Mall today. Tim had been shortly after it had opened and had been impressed. I wasn't really expecting too much, but did want to have a look at the recently opened bookstore as friends had said it was huge.

Well...the mall is amazing!

Although almost half of the shops haven't opened yet (they need better Retail Design Management team I think!) there were still many stores opened, that I hadn't seen elsewhere. The space is huge without feeling cold or impersonal - contemporary but comfortable too. By far my favourite Mall so far - its a shame it isn't closer.

The ice-skating rink and aquarium are impressive features but the best, best, best part for me was the bookshop - Kinokuniya. It is just so big and filled with amazing books. I can find just one fault - the cafe is not open yet.

I am hoping that Lilli wants to take up skating again. I can take her to her lesson, do the grocery shopping in Waitrose and then we can go and mull over books for an hour or two. Yes, amazingly Lilli will spend just as much time in a bookstore as we can - it's in her genes.

http://www.thedubaimall.com/en

No comments:

Post a Comment