Saturday, March 22, 2008

HAPPY EASTER


Happy Easter Everyone!

It is a quiet Easter for us. Tim has 4 days off. Thursday was a public holiday here for the Phrophets birthday, and he has taken Sunday off to spend some time with Lilli as the school holidays have started. It will probably be one of the last chances he has for a day off before the end of the project somewhere in the last quarter of this year.

The weather is warming up quickly and Lilli has been spending more time poolside. I must post some photos of our complex here for you all to see.

We hope you are all enjoying a relaxing and happy Easter. Love and hugs from us here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the Easter greetings too! Hope you're having/have had a nice Easter! School hols here too!

    At Weight Watchers this week.. a chocolate bunny was presented to my group... you know like the Red Tulip bunnies and we all oohed and aaahed when told it was 24 points. (My daily allowance is 23). Hubby's white choc Lindt bunny (smaller).. was 14 points and he scoffed half of that in the car on the way from the supermarket to home. Though the tiny caramel filled eggs are 1 point each.. so those in moderation are ok.. I guess any chocolate is..but it's so moreish! I'm a milk Lindt girl myself.. especially Lindor Lindt balls. Also the coconutty Rafaello balls.. Mm Mmm.

    Our weather in Victoria has been way too hot..and I'm waiting for this cool change they keep telling us is happening this week.

    I just realised I didn't do the Hungarian Easter tradition I usually do each year.. Crusty white bread (sliced off a vienna loaf).. Proper ham sliced off a whole ham, off the bone.. and prepared horseradish in a jar..and boiled eggs. Open sandwiches..that kind of thing. I'm not doing deli meats.. ham.. that sort of thing right now.. giving the liver a break..which you already know about. If I don't watch myself.. I get unwell.

    Do you think you'd like the ham and eggs thing?

    You mentioned Korean "Kimchi" in one of your blog comments Shar.. And that caught my attention. Recently on a wonderful episode of "Food Safari" on SBS... They visited a "Kimchi" processing plant.. a small operation.. And they made the stuff in bulk and put it into bags to sell. I had never heard of it in my life.. but learned from watching the show that it's a popular dish..eaten with many things!

    I'd love to try it. Is all Kimchi different (depending on where you try it)? Or.. is it basically the same everywhere? Do you have an opinion on that?

    ReplyDelete